Our family has been playing a lot of board games since we’ve been quarantined (on the weekends at least) and we found a lot of them recommended in various places online. I thought I would share some of our favorites in case you and your family need something new to play 🙂
We LOVE this game. Seriously, it is so addictive. Here is what Amazon has to say:
- Play a card from your hand, and place a chip on a corresponding space on the game board – when you have five in a row, it’s a Sequence
- Each player or team tries to score the required number of five-card sequences before their opponents
- Easy enough for children, challenging for adults!
- Exciting gameplay develops STEM skills like strategy
- For 2-12 players, ages 7 and up
It is LOADS of fun and I like it because there are so many strategies you can use to win.
Dav and I can play this game all night. It is so much fun! Gavin joins in every once in awhile but it isn’t his favorite game.
- TACTICAL STRATEGY: Featuring a massive amount of in game choices, including three tiles each of thirty six possible color symbol combinations, Qwirkle is the perfect game to hone player’s tactical maneuvers, strategical planning, and forward thinking. Will you see the monolithic move that catapults you into first place?
- EASY TO FOLLOW RULES: An engaging game with easy to follow rules, Qwirkle is great for younger players. The rules of the game are basic: simply build lines by matching tiles based on either color or shape, and score points for doing so. However, the ability to build complex combinations will keep children interested and engaged, and challenge them mentally
- GAMES THAT TEACH: Qwirkle is playable from early ages up, allowing young children and older individuals alike to develop and hone their spacial recognition, planning, and problem solving skills. Plan, win, and learn simultaneously
- FAMILY FAVORITE: Qwirkle is a fantastic game for families, as it can involve a wide range of ages, from children to adults. It only takes a few moments to explain, so new players such as extended family or your child’s play dates can jump right in and play
- INCLUDES: Product comes with 108 wooden Qwirkle tiles, 1 drawstring bag, 1 rule book
Here is a quick list of the other games we’re playing that we would recommend:
That’s It (hilarious)
5 Second Rule (Great family fun!)