Hey There! Since 1994 I’ve enjoyed exploring the internet and collecting information in my mental filing cabinet (ie. brain) which has literally saved my life a time or too…and Dawnee’s Deals is like my long awaited love child – I was born in the seventies, what can I say 🙂 – where I can share this information with others. Aren’t you lucky?
Who This Site is For
I’m a research junkie, nerd and avid collector of useless facts, not just about finding deals, but about learning and life too. I’ve long wanted a place where I can share those as well, so I decided to buckle down and create a site to post my most interesting deals, tips, habits, lessons learned and words of advice.
Our Crazy Life
This site is a work in progress meaning I work full-time outside of the home, with an hour commute each way. When I leave work I go directly to pick up my son from school. We then drive home and start our chores which include taking care of our 2 dogs and 2 cats. Dinner is on the table around 5:30, just in time for my wife to arrive home and eat it with us. So, sometime between 6PM-9PM each night I try to find time to update my site between cleaning the house, laundry, chasing/playing with/snuggling with/enjoying my son and sitting down to catch up on the day with my wife. And this is my winter schedule – summer adds in t-ball and soccer practice and much more! One day I will say that this site allows me to work from home and allows my family to travel worldwide.
Random Things About Me
1. My name is Dawn but I answer to Skittles, Dawnee and Mama too.
2. My favorite ice cream flavor is pistachio.
3. I’m a ninja of the “finding really cool stuff online” variety.
4. I hate tomatoes.
5. My wife is of Irish descent and has a temper to match – which our son inherited. I’m the only one who can calm them both down besides Waddy’s
6. I’ve attempted to learn 4 different languages. I only remember one. English.
7. The best moment of my life was when my wife handed me our son in 2009.
8. I had the bariatric sleeve surgery in 2014.
9. I love the ocean in the summer and the mountains in the winter.
10. I think I was born to be a party planner.